LoB Connect - THE Line of Business Connector
LoB Connect has the mission for organizations to improve internal operations with more efficient and effective interactions between their systems.
With LoB Connect, organizations can now create a synergy with Documentum and other business applications, which increases ROI and improves the acceptance of Documentum. This solution is suitable for organisations that want to take a step, or have already taken the step towards realizing an Enterprise Content Management solution using Documentum.
Bridging the gap
Today’s organizations typically have a wide variety of information systems. Different lines of business and even different departments have different applications centered on specific types of information. So, most users are faced with a CRM system, a financial system, an ERP system and finally an Enterprise Content Management system, just to name a few. These systems are collectively sold as ways of increasing value. But the mythical story that IT solutions drive value (read profit) only occurs when the process of sharing information is optimized across the various lines of business, departments and divisions of an organization.
This is a widely recognized problem and many IT departments have sought to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by designing complex integrations between these systems. They realize that taking care of a good information exchange between the various systems is a necessary task. Unfortunately, this task is often where they spend a lot of time and money.
In the past there where 3 typical methods of integration; system to system, interface to system and manual. While all three have their own specific benefits, they also come with their own downsides, e.g.: high costs, high technical knowledge and time-consuming.
How LoB Connect differs from other solutions
- Everything is set up on the basis of simple configuration
- Fully automatic integration based on press of a button
- Works with all Line of Business applications
- Works with different Documentum interfaces like WebTop, EPFM, and xCP2
- Gives direct access to content in Documentum from any Line of Business application
- Compatible with Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox
- Eliminates the silos of information in a simple manner
- Increases productivity
- Minimizes the risk of errors due to manual operations
- Increases user acceptance of Documentum by simplifying information sharing
- Maximizes ROI for your Documentum application